“Digital transformation for disruptive leaders” is the central theme of the third edition of the EGADE Business School program exclusively for the EXATEC (Alumni) Community.
By JOSÉ ÁNGEL DE LA PAZ | EGADE BUSINESS SCHOOL
Sixty EGADE Business School - Tecnológico de Monterrey alumni enjoyed a unique and intensive active learning experience during EGADE U Week 2022, held online from March 24 to 26.
The core theme of the third edition of EGADE Business School’s Lifelong Learning program was “Digital transformation for disruptive leaders.”
“The aim of EGADE U Week is to provide an enriching environment that will allow our alumni to enhance their knowledge and competencies, strengthen their networking, and offer an opportunity to interact with global experts in their specialization areas,” Osmar Zavaleta, Interim Dean of EGADE Business School, stated in his welcome message.
EGADE U WEEK is an innovative program designed exclusively to enable EGADE Business School alumni to update their knowledge and participate in impactful interactions with internationally renowned professors and world-class industry leaders:
- Iván Salazar, Principal Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS), explained the best practices for digital transformation.
- Raúl Montalvo, Director of EGADE Business School, Guadalajara, and academic leader of EGADE U Week 2022, addressed challenges and opportunities in the digital transformation era, as well as the transition and adaptation to new business models.
- Alexandra Solano, Director of Centro de Evolución Digital, (Digital Evolution Center) introduced Tecnológico de Monterrey’s Digital Transformation Hub, and moderated a panel with tech industry leaders, in which Huibert Aalbers, IT Architect Manager at IBM México; Juan José Delgado, Country Engineering Lead at Microsoft; and Pilar Mercado, Commercial Director at Industria Financiera, Google Cloud, shared their vision of digital transformation trends.
- Manuel Alonso Coto, Academic Director of the Marketing and Digital Advertising Program at IE Business School, offered the workshops “Digital transformation and enterprise” and “Digital Self Branding.”
- Carolina Piña, Head of Enterprise Enablement for Latin America at AWS; Silvia Hernández, Managing Director at Accenture and Lead at Cloud First México; and Carlos Allende, Advisor to Tec de Monterrey’s Digital Transformation Hub, shared their expertise in Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity, in a panel moderated by Juan Arturo Nolazco, Director of the Data Science Hub, Tec de Monterrey.
- Efraín Mendicuti, Head of Global Business Solutions at TikTok, presented his vision of new leadership in the digital era.
- Ignacio de la Vega, Executive Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, Faculty and Internationalization at Tec de Monterrey, stressed the importance of exponential learning to advance in conscious leadership.
Through these conferences, workshops, panels and spaces for dialogue, the participants acquired practical tools and techniques for strengthening their leadership in the digital era, and also enjoyed a workshop on mixology.
The alumni and alumnae who completed the program received a certificate and a digital badge.