Professor Javier Reynoso is a researcher, advisor, and advocate of teaching activities in the service management field in Mexico and Latin America. He has presented his works in the most important international conferences of service management in Europe, United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, and China. He has represented Mexico as an associate researcher in the International Service Study, as well as in the research project Service Management at the Base of the Pyramid. His contribution to the service field has been published in books and journals in the United States, Europe, and China.
He is a member of the editorial board and Research Review Editor of the Journal of Service Management, and member of the editorial board of the Journal of Service Research (USA) of the Journal Forum Empresarial (Puerto Rico) and the Journal of Management Research (USA). Likewise, he is a co-author of Administracion de Servicios (Service Administration), the first text book published in Spanish on the subject.
Professor Reynoso has been guest professor in the University of Tampa, San Diego, South Florida, and Arizona State (USA), Cambridge and Exeter (United Kingdom), Karlstad and Stockholm (Sweden), Swedish School of Economics (Finland), Carlos III and Instituto de Empresa (Spain), INCAE (Costa Rica), Auckland (New Zealand), Monash (Australia), Meiji (Japan), Fudan and Beijing (China).
He has been a member of the Service Operations Management Association, the International Academy of Services, and he is a founding member of the Latin American Academy of Marketing Scholars. He also launched the initiative of the Latin American Academy of Service Management. He has designed and coordinated the postgraduate program of the Specialty in Service Management of the School and the Certificate of Professional Concentration in Service Management, Campus Monterrey.
• Miembro de la Academia Mexicana de Ciencias (a partir de 2016)
• SNI Nivel II. CONACyT (2013-2016 y 2017-2021)
• International Fellow, Service Research Center, Karlstad University, Suecia
• Christian Grönroos Service Research Award (2013)
• Premio a la Labor Docente y de Investigación del Tecnológico de Monterrey (1999, 2005 y 2013)
• Primer investigador Latinoamericano en ser invitado a pertenecer a la Global Faculty Network del Center for Services Leadership de Arizona State University (2013)
• Seleccionado por la Revista América Economía como uno de los 15 mejores profesores de escuelas de negocios en América Latina (2012)
• Premio Rómulo Garza. Tecnológico de Monterrey (2012)
• Visiting International Fellow (VIF), University of Cambdrige, 2010 • Medalla de la European Foundation for Quality Management (1996)